Wednesday, September 21, 2011

About Me

Hi friends. My name is Evan. I consider myself a pretty lax person, but I am always for having a good time. I'm outgoing and like to be with friends and I enjoy making people laugh. Since taking a couple philosophy classes, I try to keep an open mind and observe all angles in any given situation when I can, much like analyzing a 3-dimensional piece of art. It's just a way to better understand why things are the way they are or why someone made them that way.

I am currently a student at Central Washington University studying toward a Graphic Design Major. Plain old pencil and paper used to be my weapons of choice, but since spreading myself in other areas and classes at school, I have taken a liking to working with other media such as charcoal, brush and ink, clay, and metals. Art and music have always been hobbies of mine, which hopefully I can pursue to achieve a satisfying career.

I believe that self-expression is the most powerful trait a person can employ. Our character is based off of our beliefs, opinions, emotions, etc. If nobody expressed themselves, what would this planet be like? This world needs more art.

And less politics.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Evan! Welcome to the class! I like your comparison between analyzing a situation and looking at a three-dimensional sculpture. Hopefully you will get to examine a lot of different perspectives in this classroom, either from a theoretical or visual standpoint. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    -Prof. Bowen

    ReplyDelete